Thoughts?? This is gonna be an interesting season to say the least.. im excited for Kolb.. i dont see how in the world Shanahan wanted an older qb to start his Redskins career tho? If he drafted Bradford or any of the young qb's in the draft he's got a built in excuse for the next 3-4 years as a coach but with an older qb he has higher expectations now..

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The eagles did the right thing by getting rid of this waste. Now, you give the young dude a chance with Vick as the backup. Not bad. Plus, Kolb showed last year when he played that he was ready to take over so you are basically promoting a guy who has been an Eagle his whole time in the NFL and who also knows your system who is ready to be the starter. I think this was a very good move for the Eagles and on top of that they got two picks as well.
i said it before and ill say it again. the eagles played themselves. they coulda got a 1st rounder if they woulda said #5 was on the block from jump.but Andy had to be stubborn and stick by "his guy". oh well. division or not, this was the right move. it was (as far as we know) the best deal on the table. You have to make that, division or not. Mcnabb does not make the redskins a better team than the eagles. sorry.

And to all you people out there sayin the eagles are lucky to win 5, 6 games, you may be right. but its not gonna be because of kolb.this defense is so fucked right now its rediculous. cant wait till draft day
Who is going to give you a first round pick for a 34 year old QB that ain't never won shit? The Eagles said from the start they would not accept lower than the 42nd pick for McDump so that tells me right there that they didn't expect to get a first rounder for him.
FRom the start? From the start Andy said "Donovan is my QB next season" Im just sayin if he let theleague know mcnabb was available teams like cleveland and arizona might not have spent loot on qbs like jake delhome and derrick anderson. the eagles played themselves. they put themselves in a corner and had to settle. Hell, Seattle and SF both have 2 1st round picks. Andy and Howie coulda started a bidding war but they played thier cards wrong

PhillyVeteran said:
Who is going to give you a first round pick for a 34 year old QB that ain't never won shit? The Eagles said from the start they would not accept lower than the 42nd pick for McDump so that tells me right there that they didn't expect to get a first rounder for him.
herewegoagain said:
FRom the start? From the start Andy said "Donovan is my QB next season" Im just sayin if he let theleague know mcnabb was available teams like cleveland and arizona might not have spent loot on qbs like jake delhome and derrick anderson. the eagles played themselves. they put themselves in a corner and had to settle. Hell, Seattle and SF both have 2 1st round picks. Andy and Howie coulda started a bidding war but they played thier cards wrong

I understand what you're saying bro but McDump is OLD. Nobody in the league is going to give a first for a 34 year old. Think about it. How many QBs that are McDump's age have been traded for a first round pick?

as far as jake delhomme and Derek Anderson go they got signed for money, no one had to give up a pick to get them let alone a first rounder. If the teams that signed them had to give up a first to get them do you think they would have done it? Of course not and they are much younger than McDump.
PhillyVeteran said:
i dont think anyone should have given up a 1st, im just sayin there are desperate franchises out there who prolly woud have you also ahve dillusional franchises who believe mcnabb is the guy that coulda got em over the top. i agree hes not worth a 1st, but if andy played his hand a lil better he prolly coulda got 1
yea im not sure they couldve gotten a 1st round pick straight up for him.. they mightve been able to package their 24th pick & McNabb for someone elses 1st round pick, but even that mightve been a stretch.. still a possibility they use that 2nd round pick and their 1st to move up a couple spots or even try to trade the 2nd rounder for a 1st next year which i wouldnt mind either
yeah a 1 was going to be hard to get, i still would of waited and seen if a team other then the redskins offered something close. Ive been a huge McNabb fan through his career. He never got us a ring but it did feel good having football games in January and having hope they could win it. It really sucks when you have a team who is out of the playoffs by november. I think he is still capable of playing at a high level but i welcome Kevin Kolb. That's our quaterback and lets see what he can do before we jump all over him. like a previous poster said the qb is the least of our issues. The d and the offensive line is going to be issues this year. its amazing how bad that d got one year removed for Jim Johnson R.i.P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by 215HipHop.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service